I saw this article in Oprah's magazine about the wake up and go thing - grab a good something to eat and go - a home made power bar or smoothie and run.......we make smoothies at home - mostly the frozen strawberries, oj, vanilla yogurt and a banana - this has always worked well for my sons, John and Mike - they can make it as they go but this one in the magazine looked intriguing and delicious.......I was reading the magazine at our favorite coffee place down on 1st street so I took a gander at the few ingredients....stopped off at the local grocery store later that day and VIOLA! Just in time for Mike to leave for work.......you peel and slice a kiwi and put in blender - to this you add 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chunks, a frozen banana (peel before freezing) and 1/4 cup of cooled green tea.......this takes a little bit of planning so I'm just telling you to prepare in advance.........of course, it was fabulous - full of antioxidants and very filling.
Mike LOVED it.
No comments:
Post a Comment