Friday, September 3, 2010

Surprise Guest

Labor Day Weekend is so bittersweet. The shore is coming to an end and you're wondering where the heck the summer went! One minute I'm lining up all the books I want to read and the next I'm trying furiously to finish my 3rd or 4th of the season when I still have a stack to go!! Shoot!

It's also the time when the kids go back to school. This is my first year in a LONG time that we don't have a student going back to school. THIS is the end of an era for sure but we do have a niece who came back to visit this weekend.....Maureen is a freshman and she decided to take a break from her two weeks of college and check in with the family.....she is full of new experiences to share and it's great to see her looking so happy. I am going to say for the 65th time.......I wish I was going back to college!!!!! They are some of the happiest times of my life - no doubt about it.

Tonight I tried to get rid of a bunch of zucchini and tomatoes so I dug up an old recipe of my sister in law, Kathy in St. Louis - I used whole grain pasta and added sauteed zucchini, onion, green pepper and tomatoes in butter and shredded swiss cheese with some parmesan too. Poured it into a baking dish and baked for 20 minutes on 350' till it was bubbly. Johnny from DC grilled up some delish chicken that made him look like a pro and we were good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment