Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Light Dinner And A Snag With The Pump!

Johnny had to go back early on Sunday Night to catch the bus out of Philly back to DC, so we ate an early dinner.  This fit into Grandma Noel's scheme of things .......she is visiting us in Ocean City for a few days and is used to eating early at her retirement village.  It was a rainy day so no beach, unfortunately.  Kind of a lazy day had by all since it was a LATE one the night before.........my insulin pump was not reconnecting properly after a shower and I was freaking out along with the husband.......luckily my new best friend, Judy is vacationing down here for 2 weeks and she has been on the pump for 10 yrs.....she graciously came over in 2 seconds once she was called and helped us out.  It turns out that there was a malfunctioning piece on the stupid thing and it wasn't our fault - 2 hrs later I was good to go and all I wanted was a Rum and Tonic with a niceeeeeee lime.......

So on Sunday evening we had Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa......I am taking advantage of the abundance of peaches this summer....the recipe from Cooking Light called for Mango and I substituted Peaches.  To that you add tomato, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, pepper and chili powder.  I sprinkled some tilapia with Old Bay and broiled it for 6 or 7 minutes.  We put it in a whole wheat flour tortilla which we warmed in an oiled frying pan and added the peach salsa.  We also had some corn on the cob OF COURSE - it's summer isn't it?

Johnny texted me at 1030PM that he was back in his apartment safe and sound.......it was a fun wknd.

No comments:

Post a Comment