Today I finally got the Insulin Pump. YIKES!!!! It is a bit daunting to have something mechanical attached to your body - like having a pacemaker or something - what if it malfunctions?? I figure there are a lot of idiots out there with the same thing and if they can figure it out I can! It comes with a DVD and a LOT of literature and I had a 3 hour training session today with a trained pump therapy woman and my husband, Harry was right by my side - I would advise everyone who is signing up for this thing to have someone with them to be a second ear - there is a lot of info in 1 session and I was getting cross eyed with all the numbers and equations and different functions of the pump - it's like a computer... I'm sure I'll get the hang of it - AND I can't feel sorry for myself because as I'm attaching it to my abdomen and thinking how the hell did I get here - I look over and the woman training me is a diabetic as well for her WHOLE life and she isn't feeling sorry for herself - she is moving on........and so will I.
So I get back to Ocean City by around 7PM and it's a good thing because I was feeling shaky up in the civilized world and it had nothing to do with the Pump - it's just too green and frantic up there.......my people (meaning my brother Larry and sister-in-law Teresa) had a Pina Colada waiting for me in the frig and a hamburger hot off the grill......NICE.............
No comments:
Post a Comment